My Own Wave


I have been on Blogger since 2010.

Phwew, that was quite a time. But by then, I was just a moderator of a school paper, pretty much bringing our school paper to an online platform. I appreciate how quick, active, and engaged my student writers were way back then. But getting an audience is too challenging. Even our own students from the school didn't access the blog-spot for several reasons. First, they're not interested at all. Second, they don't have accessibility getting online - smartphones way back then aren't that smart. Third, internet connectivity in Camiguin is way too old school - dragging and slow. So, those blogging days didn't really turned out fine.

Enhance Your Writing Skills Right Now - MagzJam.com
Add caption
Now, I taught a Journalism Course 14 kms away from my town. There, I encouraged students to also bring their articles online. They suggested that we don't create a different name but align the blog's name to the college paper - Masibas. And so we did. They upload their articles but same thing happened, minimal audience.

There, my blogging days are over. I got tired to write and had been very busy running my daily life as a Registrar and College Instructor. I just don't have time to write.

Fast forward to 2015. Got tired in the island trying to make loose ends meet but still, I can't provide a fair life for my family. So I decided to move to Cebu and landed in the BPO industry.

Work, work, work. I just wanted my girls to have a descent life. Eating the foods they wanted, going to places we can afford, and shopping to what's left in the pocket. A busy life, a normal life.

When 2018 came, I decided to enjoy vlogging. Nyah, just the beginner and raw type. I had a few videos in my YouTube channel QuickStories and as of this writing has about 120 subscribers. Geez, that's about 2 years ago and those are all the subscribers I get. Anyways, steadily slow, I don't know where it's going. Most of the times, I get tired creating new content. Discouraged and unmotivated thinking that the platform is so much saturated with high definition videos, choking out mine.

Then I realized, in the first place, I didn't go blogging or vlogging to earn. It's just what I want to do! I had been a blogger since then without thinking of earning from it, but it's because I like doing what I'm doing.

So I went back here and saw that my blogs before have been deactivated by the platform. It's time for me to make my own wave, my personal space just sharing who I am and the things that interest me. I don't care if I get a lot of audience or not. If you are reading up to this point, it means that you want to know more about me and you want to hear and learn a lot from me! I appreciate your time going through this post.

I hope that I can share so many interesting content that you can learn from on a regular basis. My posts may not have a specific niche, but I'd definitely more likely to talk about foods, travel, and insights with just random folks and ideas.

Stay tuned for more content! Always remember to just do what you love to do. You're not doing it to impress people. Rather, you're doing it because you believe that it's a piece of your expression bringing you to truly understand your self-worth! If you have regretted that you could have started doing things way back then, don't fret. Because, for those who haven't started, the best time to start is NOW!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Makes Us Silent

The Theory of Reciprocation