The Theory of Reciprocation

Your Personal Legend Archives - The Legend Within
"Colombiazoned", "ghosting", "catfished" - terms that have a common denominator being very related to "expectation/s". You know, those times you expected it was you but it was someone else, or it was for you but it was for someone else, or it was really for you but ended up for someone else. Sighs! Tragedy. Disaster. Yes, in your feelings.

To get away with it, try the "Theory of Reciprocation". In basic mathematics, a reciprocal is simply one of a pair of numbers that, when multiplied together, equal 1. But if you have to look at it closely, it's basically an inverted form of a certain fraction. LOL (sorry for being so stupid in mathematics). Anyway, this theory simply tells you to invert something. Invert your expectation.

Way back in college, Philosophy classes are so tedious. My classmates really studied hard and memorized a certain philosopher, a certain philosophical idea, and a certain era in philosophy. Like all your honor roll classmates in high school, my classmates memorized verse by verse and line by line of every philosophical material. Only to find out that some of them failed during the oral examinations inside the very cold confessional (as some of our Philosophy professors were priests).
At the other side of the bench, there was me. I didn't study at all. During classes I listened and understand every concept. If I have to dram and illustrate in order for me to better understand the idea, i have to. But I didn't care studying at all, nor have high expectations. Then two things: 1) I passed some subjects. Bonus! Wonderful! I didn't study at all! 2) I failed a few subjects! It's fine. No hurt feelings. I didn't study at all!

For those of you who get the point, don't put too much effort and expect too much on something. Let the universe conspire with you as you make your personal legend, as Paolo Coelho would say it. If you have expectations on something and/or somebody, you'll end up devastated! I'm not telling you to settle for less. I'm telling you to expect for less! When something/someone comes your way, your hand doesn't play a very big part for them to come your way. All other elements greater than you are in constant flux to motor something to find you or you finding them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Makes Us Silent

My Own Wave